|By Djhchef (Djhchef) on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 09:17 pm: Edit|
working in restaurants. it's not that we do it, it's that we come back tommorow and do it again
|By Peachcreek (Peachcreek) on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 04:17 pm: Edit|
A few reasons why we do it:
10. Tired of waiting for that Supreme Court appointment.
9. Get to act like a bigshot at family cookouts.
8. The babes really dig that greasy french fry smell.
7. Makes you think your life is longer than it is.
6. Everybody knows the REAL party is in the kitchen.
5. The warm, moist air around the dish station is good for asthma.
4. Don't see enough cockroaches at home.
3. The low pay and long hours make me think I'm in the Peace Corps.
2. My dogs and cats love me when I get home.
1. Like any other junkie, WE'RE HOOKED!
|By Debord (Debord) on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 12:20 pm: Edit|
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I can't decide which one I like best, even my non-cooking husband got a big laugh!
Peachcreek everytime I read or write your name I think of a sub-division of homes or a hotel....would you explain your name abit?
|By Peachcreek (Peachcreek) on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 05:48 pm: Edit|
I go by the internet moniker "Peachcreek" because it is distinctive and easy to remember. Who wants to be "Sam1102" or something like that. The name came from a place I lived for many years, Peach Creek, which flows into the Salmon River of central Idaho. It is a beautiful place and as close to Heaven as you will find in a Rand McNally atlas.
|By Debord (Debord) on Thursday, March 01, 2001 - 07:20 am: Edit|
AH, so it is a place....thanks for answering.
|By Laura (Laura) on Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 11:22 am: Edit|
Peachcreek, Loved your list! Don't forget the very stylish and hip outfits we get to wear and it beats sitting behind a desk all day! (that's speaking from past experience.)
|By Chefkitty (Chefkitty) on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 10:58 pm: Edit|
oh yeah about those outfits! was i asleep in class when they decided that those lovely check pants should go in style?!?! i hate those things, i would love to work ina place that let us were somethng with some personality. but i do laugh at te old ladies and snobbie women who walk around in them like the were the first to own them.anyone else think that funny or am i the only one?
|By Biscottiqueen (Biscottiqueen) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit|
If we called the pattern on our pants "hounds-tooth" check then I think we could hob-knob with the snobbie women and old ladies!