The Great Hall
I'd like to cook overseas, any ideas? The Great Hall: I'd like to cook overseas, any ideas?
By md on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 01:00 am: Edit

I've cooked all over the US, and although it's true that you can learn everything you want to know about food right here; I'd still like to see what it's like "over there"
I don't have the money to just go... or a VISA to work there legally, and most exchange agreements are only for students. I just want to work there. Any ideas?

By Plagdameo (Plagdameo) on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 06:44 am: Edit

I come from the Philippines and all the chefs of the major hotels here are foreigners since they ae makor hotel chains. I suggest that you apply in a major hotel or restaurant chain which has branches overseas as a start. Once you are in your chosen area, you may decide to look for employment there.
as for the hotels here, the personnel department allots a certain number of work visas for employees who are not citizens of the country. I don't know if it's like that in other countries but it's worth a try.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.