|By peachcreek on Wednesday, May 09, 2001 - 04:08 pm: Edit|
A few things they neglected to tell you.
10. At the first "Safety Meeting", the new guy always loads.
9. The drugs and hookers rarely show up before 11 P.M.
8. Restaurant owners and managers are aliens, incapable of comprehending Human thought or emotion.
7. The secret "Chef Handshake" is good for a 10% discount at participating Olive Gardens.
6. Mothers' Day is a C.I.A. experiment to measure how much stress the human body can withstand.
5. If your Hollandaise breaks, you spend a night in "The Hole".
4. Even though a convenience store can afford to eat in your restaurant, you can't.
3. To beat the Summer heat, try filling chefs' hat with frozen daquiries.
2. Those Houndstooth check pants are actually tattoos.
1. Its safe to leave now.
|By Chris on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 10:15 am: Edit|
You are now a slave!!
prep cooks slave to line cooks
line cooks slave to sous chef
sous chef slave to exec
exec slave to GM
GM slave to owners
owners slaves to custumer's whims and needs.
|By W.DeBord on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 08:14 am: Edit|
You'll make more money driving a bus!
|By Rc_fleming (Rc_fleming) on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 01:37 pm: Edit|
I've never heard of a starving cook though.
|By The Baker on Saturday, June 09, 2001 - 06:52 am: Edit|
"6. Mothers' Day is a C.I.A. experiment to measure how much stress the human body
what they did not tell my friend at cooking school
never start your first day at Tavern on the Green (nyc) on mothers day.....she quit within a week,
just snapped, it was beyond her belief. she had never seen a kitchen that busy for that amount of time before..
|By Hamlet (Hamlet) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 09:19 pm: Edit|
Rules they never told you at catering college
1/Say goodbye to friends and family you will never see them again.
2/You are now a vampire you get up in darkness
you go home in darkness.
3/You will eternally be poor
4/ You will never have a nice car
5/You will never have a girlfriend or if you do she wo'nt stick round cos your'e always working
6/ You will learn how to fight
7/If you don't fight you will get walked on
8/ you are not a social worker you are a f*****g
9/you will learn to be an accountant
10/you will become oblivious to human misery