The Great Hall
Cooking in airtight bags The Great Hall: Cooking in airtight bags
By Iceman (Iceman) on Wednesday, March 01, 2000 - 04:16 am: Edit

I have been expermenting with cooking var. food-items in airtight bags (vacum).
Low heat - long time.
I have been told that this is called "sous"-cooking. Ive not been able to find any info on this method anywhere. Either on the internet nor in any books.
Does anyone have any info on this method of cooking?

By Claudia (Claudia) on Wednesday, March 01, 2000 - 09:42 am: Edit

New York Times ran an article on this 2 weeks ago in their Dining In section on Wednesday. Boulud, Jean-georges...apparently a lot of chefs are rediscovering this method. You could probably search their website and see if you can find it. It's been recycled already over here - it might have been 3 wednesdays ago.

By Bruno on Wednesday, March 01, 2000 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Hi guys,
It is called "sous-vide" cooking its very popular
in europe I used it a lot for certain kind of
food.It's very useful ,have ben working the last
ten years with it.


Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.