The Great Hall
How do I get from Bombay to a Bakery in the US? The Great Hall: How do I get from Bombay to a Bakery in the US?
By George (George) on Friday, September 03, 1999 - 12:43 pm: Edit

This message was moved from the WanaBe a Chef Forum

By Yohann (Yohann) on Friday, September 03, 1999 - 12:21 pm: Edit

I live in India-Bombay.I have specialized in Bakery&Confectionery from a Catering College.I have7-8yrs work experience notably for one year
with carnival Cruise Lines.I am very dedicated in
my work.I want to work in the US in the Bakery
Pastry depts.How shouldI go about it.Should I do
a short term course from the FCI to brush up my
skills.Please advice.

By jeee2 on Monday, September 06, 1999 - 08:45 am: Edit


You need a work visa, I don't know if you can get one unless a hotel will sponsor you.
Or come on vacation and get lost, find a job and stay.
Try applying to some of the intl placement services, they can help with the visa.

Regards, Gerard

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.