The Great Hall
Frozen souffle ??? The Great Hall: Frozen souffle ???
By Thebaker (Thebaker) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

Can anyone tell me what they are and how to make em


By Ladycake (Ladycake) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

Might you be thinking about a mousse? I have 2 books that refer to a frozen mousse as a souffle. If that's not it, I really don't know.

By Corey (Corey) on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:10 pm: Edit

mouse? mmm, rasberry mouse on a stick.

By Steve9389 (Steve9389) on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:21 am: Edit

That is it, Ladycake -- we did them in our Custards, Creams and Fillings class. You line a ramekin with plastic sheeting that extends several inches above the side of the dish and fill it with two or three different kinds of mousse and freeze it. When you remove the plastic it's tall like a souffle.

- Steve

By Chefspike (Chefspike) on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 07:48 pm: Edit

thats one kind steve....
another is with cream and folded whipping cream, or whites.
chantily cream comes to mind but it mite be the vicodin.....
I/we used to use plastic pipe cut in lengths, comes in all diff. sizes.
some french company's sell molds just for that purpose. no I don't know who.
you can also lay the pipe on its side and fill them for a vertical layer.
theres many ways to do them up, have fun.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.