|By Chefdejon (Chefdejon) on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 09:34 pm: Edit|
Hi, this is my first time posting, so ill give you all some background infomation, im 23 i live in dunedin new zealand, i have a Bsc in zoology and 751/1/3 (chef qualfications in nz) i have worked in the idustry for the last 5 years all while i have been studying.The first 4 years were in a boutique hotel with a small >65 seat restarant also doing functions as a commi.And for the last year i have been working in a italian restaraunt 160+ seat as secound chef .Now i have finished i am looking towards a higher paying job.
So i apply for a job cooking on a fishing boat with the full knowledge of my chef,but not the owner operator....fishing company rings looking for chef for refrence owner gets cool and says hes not in but can i help...and so i havnt heard back from the fishing company and my chef annonaces he is leaving....owner operator tells chef to tell me that i wont be taking over kitchen (she is a gutless scheming wench) a job i was practically gaurented 4 months ago...all this because of one phone call.So what should i do ?
confront owner over not getting postion?
or stick it out with a new chef?
oh and how hard is it for a chef to get a green card in usa??
|By ann on Saturday, October 02, 1999 - 01:14 am: Edit|
Question: Is contacting the fishing company an option? If it is, I highly recomend trying to find out if the owner trashed you on the refrence.
Inquire why you did not get the position. If she did trash you, ask your current chef if you can put him down as a reference and use his home or new professional number. Find a new job and quit. If she didn't trash you, I would wait and see if you get along with the new chef. Sorry, don't know about green cards.
|By Chefdejon (Chefdejon) on Saturday, October 02, 1999 - 10:35 am: Edit|
thx for the post and its all been sorted...well in a way, I have been given the head chef job º¿º
but havnt contacted the fishing company yet..ill wait and see i think.....