The New Bakers Dozen
Unusual cake pans

The The Bakers Dozen: Unusual cake pans
By maggie on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Where could I find a fish cake pan or where can I have one made?

By Dominique (Dominique) on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 05:58 pm: Edit

I think if you go to one of the larger craft and hobby shops, they usually have things like that.

By W.DeBord on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 06:07 pm: Edit

Wilton makes the most novelty pans you could try them.

You can bake cakes in fish molds (most are copper lined meant for gelatin mousses but you can find inexpensive ones with-out copper). You may need to prop the tail end of the mold up to keep the mold level while baking. If you need a larger/thicker cake you can also bake a sheet cake to place under your molded cake. Cut around the base so it blends in with the molded top. You can find them at discount kitchen supply stores or large chain kitchen retailers.

By chefsarah on Friday, January 28, 2000 - 03:38 pm: Edit

Bridge Kitchenware in Manhattan New York might have something like that. Or you could try New York Cake and Bake Dist. in Manhattan. They have EVERYTHING!

-Chef Sarah

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.

See Forum in a Frame