The New Bakers Dozen
Name of old time bread pan

The The Bakers Dozen: Name of old time bread pan
By Bill Wandel on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 04:28 pm: Edit

As a rank amateur bread baker, I really don't belong here, but am hoping one of you who have been in the business a long time can help
me come up with the name of a bread pan used many years ago. It looks like a 10-12" piece of 4" stovepipe,
which is cut in half, hinged on one side with a lock on the other It also is corrugated. It looks like 2 so-
called deerback pans hinged together.
Also an Australian firm which makes them(the only one I can find whch does), calls them corrugted tank loaf pans. Thanks for any info you can give me.

By finedining on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 01:13 pm: Edit

the name of that pan is called a pullman loaf pan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.

See Forum in a Frame