The Caterers Corner
permits needed please help Caterers Corner: permits needed please help
By Hamm (Hamm) on Sunday, March 09, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

New York home base caterer(small)
Looking to expand and rent a kitche at a local
vFW hall or church. Can anyone please tell me what permits I need if any in order to rent a kitchen. Is there a catering license that I need and if so how do I obtain one and also I would guess that I need personal insurance can anyone suggest the cheapest route to go,
Thank you for all you help

By Catergreat (Catergreat) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 07:00 pm: Edit

To my knowledge you need a business license and a food service permit from the local health department. the best way to find out what you need is to call your local health department. states and municipalities vary. None will let you do it from your home kitchen.

To do otherwise is foolish and very risky. All it takes is one dead child.... and don't think it can not happen to you...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.