Liability Ins. Cooking For You: Liability Ins.
By Jerome (Jerome) on Saturday, September 09, 2000 - 09:38 am: Edit

I am ready to strat looking for clients except for one important point. Liability insurance.
My agent said they have nothing for me. Any suggestions?

By Panini (Panini) on Saturday, September 09, 2000 - 12:58 pm: Edit

What are you planning to do? Cater?

By Jerome on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 10:22 am: Edit

Sorry, I should have mentioned I've just begun my own personal chef service.

By Panini (Panini) on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 08:02 pm: Edit

There are alot of carriers, look under commercial.Explain what you are doing.

By Girlchef (Girlchef) on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Just buy liability insurance like any service company would buy. It usually costs around $300 - $500 a year for 1/2 million.


By philip alba on Thursday, March 22, 2001 - 04:05 pm: Edit

Do I need to have a commercial location to do the cooking in order to attain liability insurance? I desire to prepare the meals out of my home kitchen, but I want coverage. Can I get this?


By George (George) on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 09:02 am: Edit

Even if you could get someone to write it, most likely as soon as you submitted a claim they would reject it, referring you to the clause in all insurance contracts that says something along the lines of "must comply with all local, state and national laws.... If you were violating ANY of them ie- not in a commercial kitchen, they would turn down the claim. Insurance companies pay millions in figuring ways not to pay claims.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.

See Forum in a Frame